Barely escaping the blizzards and closed roads in Idaho, Dad and Bethany arrived last Friday night to a little warmer weather down here in Houston. We had a fabulous week together and I've included a few pics of the week.
We introduced everyone to the game Bocce, aka Lawn Bowling, and we had a good time playing in a local park:
Dad and Eva cuddling at the park:
Luke and I on the Tram at the Houston Space Center:
Posing with the giant chess set in Galveston:
The ice cream parlor in Galveston:
Galveston Harbor:
Playing disk golf:
Playing Bocce at the beach:
Even though the water was COLD, we still had the crazy idea to put on some swimming suits and jump in the ocean. We found that once your bottom half numbed up, you stopped involuntarily gasping for air and screaming when the waves splashed above the waist. We had a lot of fun in the water, but some hot, hot showers were in order as soon as we got home!
Dad and Luke catching some waves:
Bethany and I:
Bethany looks like a regular beach bum:
July
8 years ago
2 comments:
Thank you guys again so much!!! I had such a wonderful time and I miss you like crazy. But I loved your post. I'll talk to you soon.
oh man - if I had it my way we'd be in houston tommorrow body boarding!! Looks like you guys have a blast!
Post a Comment