Tuesday, September 15, 2009

House Update

Luke and I have officially moved into our new home and it is so relieving. It was a mess to coordinate a sale and purchase on the same day (note to self: NEVER do that again)...but we're here!!

It is so nice to be in a house again, and although we have about a million projects to do to make this place into the vision we saw in our heads when we bought it, it is still great to be settled.
I've been covered in paint from the first weekend we moved in -- one room down, a billion to go -- but I keep reminding myself, "one step at a time."

I picked these roses from my garden, and I love them! I've always had a love affair with roses, so to be able to pick my own, is pretty cool. Now I need to do some reading up on how to take care of them. Unfortunately roses aren't the low-maintenance type. They're worth it though!



People have been bugging us to send them pictures of the house...and we will....as soon as we get our projects done! So, if you want to see it sooner, well, you might just have to come visit us! :)

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

It must be a really great feeling to be able to really get settled in. I am sure with your magic touch your new home will look amazing in no time.

Emily said...

I've been wondering about you guys and how things are going in Chicago! I guess what really brought you to mind was Oprah's big concert last week. I'm glad to hear you are getting settled and things are going well for you!

Harley said...

Beautiful roses! Can't wait to see the finished projects!

Paul said...

Congrats on the move. I'm sure it's nice to be out of the basement. Good luck on the house.