Our family room is where we spend 90% of our time. It was absolutely one of the reasons we bought this home. We actually did the least amount of reno in this room, we only had to paint and touch up some of the stain. When we bought the home it was painted a bright -- and I mean BRIGHT -- peach/pink. It was almost florescent. 
We toned down the peach and decided to go with a neutral creme. I felt this allowed the fireplace and ceiling to be the star instead of trying to compete. The only other challenge in this room was the space planning. It is a large, wide open room, so we had to figure out how to make the best use of the space. Since we decided to make the former dining room into our living room, we put our dining table here as well as our sectional from our old home. In the back corner we created an office area for Luke, and adjacent to that we created a little reading niche with two chairs.
This concludes our house tour for now. We are almost finished with our kitchen -- just a couple of projects to finish up -- so we'll share that as soon as we get it done.
July
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, what a change. It is a great space now.
Love the little reading area. That wasn't there when we came was it? I remember a chair with Luke's guitar. Looks fabulous!
Ya, we've made a few changes since you were here. I wanted to give Seth more space to play on the rug, so I moved the two chairs to the corner and brought in the brown leather chair from our bedroom. It also allows for better viewing of the projector screen, which Luke likes. ;)
Post a Comment