Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Project

Emily and I decided shortly after we moved to Texas, that our kitchen was a little dark and a little too enclosed. Well, I thought, on T.V. they just knock a wall down and rearrange the floor plan, and they are always done in 30 minutes, and that's with commercials! Shouldn't be too hard right? Right. We knew that we couldn't do that, so we brainstormed some other ideas and came to a compromise. The following pictures show what we did, and yes I still have all my fingers, and no the scars are not that noticeable, and whatever you may have heard, Emily did not almost electrocute me . . .

BEFORE





Me Doing Electrical Work

"Okay flip the breaker and see if it does anything . . ."


Some Final Touches with the Gutting Job



Fun With Drywall



DONE!

3 comments:

The Small Blog said...

I'm so glad you have before and after pictures! I couldn't remember what it looked like before; I just knew it looked much better after. It looks really nice.

Melanie Hoopes said...

Looks awesome Emily & Luke! Also - I didn't have any troubles viewing your blog in this format :)

Paul said...

LOL...I love picture of your electrical work. Reminds me of something I would have dared you to do. Good work on the kitchen. It looks great.