I've been so busy the last three weeks that I haven't had a quiet minute to myself, much less had time to post. -- I'm not complaining, because I've been having a great time...just a jam-packed time.
First, Luke's parents came into town for a week and we were so happy that they took the time to come all the way down here! We had a great time showing them the sites around here and even made a spontaneous trip to San Antonio for two days. We loved having everyone and hope they had a great time too. Hopefully we left enough stuff out to warrant another trip! ;)
After the Werretts' visit, I left the same day for Utah/Idaho to spend some time with my family. Both Bethany and Neal are leaving for a mission in May, so I wanted to spend some time with them and say my goodbye's. I was able to go through the temple with Bethany the first week in the newly dedicated Rexburg temple and it was a great experience having nearly the entire family in attendance. Unfortunately it will be a while before we're all together again.
During the week I even had time to get one last day of skiing in at Targhee and, let me tell you, it felt so good! If I had to narrow it down to the one thing I miss about home, besides family of course, it would be skiing...It's hard to come by down here...except in my dreams. And I have dreamt a lot about it this year!!! (I'm pretty awesome in my dreams...)!!
Today, I started my personal training program and I think I'm really going to enjoy it. I was super nervous about it this weekend...almost doubting my decision...but the class is a good one and I can already tell that I'm going to learn more than I may be able to handle. Oh, and I'll probably be sore for the next 16 weeks straight -- but I think all the pain will be worth it. (Maybe it'll give me a little sympathy for my clients later.)
Thanks to Luke's family for a great week! And thank you to my family for all their hospitality! It was a great trip. I love you all and miss you already.
July
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment