Leipzig Week 1
So, truth be told, I didn't really know what the first week of training was all about until it started, and apparently that was just the way that Dow wanted it, they let us have information as we needed it all week. Basically, the first week of training had a three fold reason: To get us excited about our careers at Dow, to network with other new engineers as well as multiple levels of company leadership, and to give us training and guidance that is much needed and very helpful to new employees in a large and confusing multi-national corporation. So, there was a lot of gettting to know people, a lot of speeches, a lot of interviews, and a lot of activities. The following are some of the activities we participated in:
Organ Concert at The Neues Gewandhaus
While I prefer a full orchestra, this was a sweet awesome performance. The Neues Gewandhaus is one of the few cultural land marks that was reconstructed in East Germany behind the iron curtain. The recital included some Bach, some arrangements of Bach, and some Schumann that was out of this word. We also had dinner there afterward.
Inside the Gewandhaus and in concert. Check out those pipes!
Around Town
So, in the little free time that I did have, I walked around Leipzig with some friends, here are a few of the cool places we saw:
Bowling and Futball
We had a fun activity mid week to watch the German National team play their quarter-final game in the Euro-cup tournament at a bowling alley. It was a lot of fun, and I lost horribly to guys that were a bit tipsy. I really am a horrible bowler.
So, that is about it for week one, I met some cool people, saw the sights, and was pretty much exhausted 24-7. Next post, the really fun stuff, there will be danger, daring and reckless driving!

0 comments:
Post a Comment