Luke and I decided to fight the madness this year. We had been told the the fireworks show in Houston is amazing and that it was supposed to be the 2nd best show in the U.S. behind only Washington D.C. We debated whether it would really be worth it to join 100,000+ people just to see some cool explosions, but we decided that we'd try it out and see. We decided to get a hotel close to the park, so we could walk there and walk back without having to fight traffic. GREAT IDEA... I can't imagine how long some people waited in traffic that night.
The celebration itself was a lot of fun. They had concerts by some pretty famous country music stars such as Miranda Lambert, Jo Dee Messina and my favorite, Sara Evans. We also got to see a bit of a volleyball championship, which was very entertaining as well.
The fireworks show was amazing! It lasted about 1/2 hour and it really was cool. We didn't bring the camera because the flyer said they weren't allowed, but when we got there, everyone had cameras...so I wished we had just brought it. We could have got some pretty fun pictures.
I'm not sure if we'll go to all the trouble again next year, but we had a great time. An extra plus was that the weather was great! Not even that hot!
The next night we had Heather and Troy come up for dinner and we did a cheese fondue. Luke's favorite way to celebrate a holiday? With cheese!!! We had a good time and Eva showed off her standing skills. I think she's going to be walking here in just a few weeks -- I can't believe she's old enough already!

0 comments:
Post a Comment