Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spontaneity

As many of you know, my parents are on a cross-country adventure on my dad's motorcycle. They left a few weeks ago and have been making their way across the more scenic parts of the northern U.S. states and southern Canadian provinces.
Tuesday morning my mom called to check in and said they were in Michigan on their way to my Aunt's house in Ann Arbor. I suddenly had a crazy idea. The Dow jet flies up to Midland, MI and if there are seats available, Dow employees fly up there for free. Well, I called Luke and explained my idea and he checked for some flights Thursday evening or Friday morning and returning Monday morning. To my disappointment, there were no seats available for the Monday flight. I suggested we just stay for another week, but Luke wasn't onboard. ;) So, we bagged that idea.
Wednesday morning, I called Luke and asked him to check the flights one more time, and this time there were two seats available Monday morning!
So, we packed up and headed to Michigan for a long weekend with my parents and my Aunt and Uncle. We had a great time. Ann Arbor is absolutely a college town, but it is really nice. The weather was a little rainy when we first arrived, but it brightened up for most of the time.

Playing Bocce Ball in my Aunt's amazing backyard:


Check out that form:


The crew:

2 comments:

Jessica Wille said...

What a fun trip! It's great to be spontaneous!

Looks like your ward chili cook off was a lot of fun. I'll have to keep that idea in mind:)

Glen & Kat said...

Glad you had a good time on your trip...I saw your blog on the Williams' and hope you don't mind I added you to my list of people to stalk :) Our blog is private so I sent you an invite in case you ever want to check it out.