Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chicago -- And Some News!



I apologize that I have been neglecting my blog, but in my defense, I have been pretty busy and I've had a very testy internet connection. We're not really getting along, but right now we are trying to work out our issues.
We've been having a good time this last month, getting used to a new place and figuring out where we want to live. We also have some news (read the 2nd and 3rd post!) Don't assume too much -- no, I'm not pregnant. I know that's what you were thinking.... ;)

Luke and I have spent a couple weekends in Chicago since we moved up there...and we readily admit it is a lot more fun than Houston. Sorry Houston. There are a billion shops, restaurants, cool architecture, festivals, shows, Navy Pier, the beach, museums -- the list goes on and on. I don't think we'll run out of things to do up there anytime soon.

The weekend after I got up there, my parents came to visit on the way home from their second cross-country motorcycle tour (9000 miles in two months!!!) and we had a ton of fun with them.
We took an architectural tour which is cool because I love buildings, rode the famous Navy Pier ferris wheel that overlooks the entire city and Lake Michigan, and caught a cool show in town.

One of the views from the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel:


At the Italian Tapas restaurant we found just off Michigan Ave that was SO good:


One of the cool art installations/fountains dotting the city:


At the end of the Pier:


The new Chicago riverwalk (apparently, they are really working to revitalize this):


Kate: This one is for you. We found a moose right downtown Chicago! ;)


We figured out how to take the train into downtown, so now we can go more often and not have to worry about paying $30 for parking every time! Yay!

5 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

That looks like so much fun - so many things to explore!! I'm way excited for you - congrats on selling your house. Did I hear beach in Chicago, guess I never thought about that.:)

Harley said...

Emily, those are some really awesome pictures. What fun. It's very pretty there. Yeah! You sold your house! That's wonderful news. Love ya!

Kate said...

Looks like fun out there, especially the moose. It that picture above it from "While You Were Sleeping?" Sure looks familar...

moma berry said...

sounds like you are doing well and things are falling into place for you. That is great. Sidenote: now our 2 favorite redheadded Emily's live in chicago. My brother and sister in law (emily) also live in chicago. Jessica will fill yu in so you can meet. love ya michelle

Jessica Wille said...

Chicago sounds great! I think we're going to have to try and come see you sometime. That is so awesome that you sold your house!