Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Elusive Smile

Seth has been smiling since last week, but it has been incredibly hard to catch on camera. As soon as I try to take a picture, he gets a really concerned look on his face and the moment is ruined. But, this morning I was able to catch a bit of a smile from him. I couldn't get his full gummy smile, but this will have to suffice for now.
He can just melt my heart with his smile though: A few nights ago it was a particularly rough one -- he had been up at least every hour or more and I was SO tired. After getting him up for a third time in about 20 minutes, he looked up at me after calming down and gave me a big "I'm happy to see you, mom" smile, and it just melted me. The whole frustrating night was forgotten. I tell you what...sometimes it is really good that they are so darn cute.



4 comments:

Kate said...

That is one cute kid. He looks like he's mischievous already!

Brandy said...

Oh my gosh.. so cute!! My little guys didn't crack a smile till he was about 3 months old, he was a very serious little boy!! Seth is adorable!!

Harley said...

Love that smile! :)

Melanie said...

Seriously, I think babies prove how smart Heavenly Father is. Just when the waking up all night starts to get really old, baby starts to smile, and like you said, it only takes one sweet smile to forget how extremely tired you are. :) So glad you're having fun with him. He's a cutie.