Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Enjoying the ride

I love being a mom! I can't believe how in love with my little guy I am. In only six days, he's completely turned my life upside down, and I couldn't be happier. He is just darling and even though this last week has been an adventure learning how to take care of a newborn, I am loving every minute. Even the 3 am feedings.

Seth has been such a good baby. He was pretty impatient for my milk to come in (such a boy...hungry all the time)...but now he eats great and in turn, sleeps really well for a newborn. He's affectionately earned the nickname "T-Rex" from Luke because of how frantic to eat he gets when he first wakes up. He is quite vigorous. ;) Again, such a boy.
His bilirubin levels were slightly elevated when we left the hospital, so we've had to have a couple check-ups with the pediatrician, but he's doing great. Healthy and strong.

Mom and I gave him his first bath and he wasn't quite sure what to think about it at first. After we warmed him up by placing a washcloth over him, he calmed down and I think he actually enjoyed it.



Of course, cuddling in a warm towel after is the best part:



Seth and I chillin' during the few hours he's actually awake during the day:



4 comments:

Melanie Hoopes said...

oh, so cute! So glad your even loving the 3 am feedings. Enjoy every moment, it just gets better too.

moma berry said...

Emily and Luke we are so happy for you both! he is beautiful. Have so much fun with him.

Jessica Wille said...

Oh, he is so adorable! I'm glad you're enjoying the adjustment into motherhood. It is magical and a bit overwhelming:)

Amy said...

What cute pictures. Keep sending them!