Last month, Seth and I made the trip home to visit family for a few weeks. After hours and hours of delays at the airport, we finally landed in Salt Lake City and it was such a relief to see Bethany waiting for us; ready to take us somewhere we could sleep! Seth did SO well, even though it took us almost 5 hours longer than planned. We were supposed to arrive around 9 p.m., but we didn't arrive until about 1:30 a.m.
The first weekend we stayed with Aaron and Melanie and we had such a good time. You guys know how to have some fun! :)
Seth trying out a swing for the first time at a park near their house. He thought it was pretty awesome:
I also had the opportunity to make the trip down to St. George to visit with my Grandparents. (My Grandfather has cancer and unfortunately, I knew this was probably going to be the last time I would be able to see him.) It was so much fun talking and laughing about old memories and all the crazy stuff we'd done as kids. As Grandpa put it, "I wasn't sure you kids were going to live to adulthood..." Well, we did, and it was fun to spend the day reminiscing about all the good times.
After getting back from southern Utah, my Mom met us halfway from Idaho and took Seth and I the rest of the way to Rexburg. Again, Seth was such a sport during all this driving.
After getting back from southern Utah, my Mom met us halfway from Idaho and took Seth and I the rest of the way to Rexburg. Again, Seth was such a sport during all this driving.
The rest of the next couple weeks were kind of a whirlwind -- trying to spend time with all my siblings and planning a few hours here and there to see friends. No matter how long I stay, it seems like I never quite have enough time to spend with everyone.
Seth on the riding lawnmower with Grandpa Hoopes:
Loving the "Big Swing" at my parents' house:
There's a baby granny on my blanket!
Cutie pie:
For the last week, Luke was able to join us. Seth was so happy to see his daddy. It was cute. Those two together just melts me.
I've been dying to go over to Jackson Hole and spend some time in Grand Teton National Park, so Mom and Dad took us over a few days before we had to leave. My goodness, it was breathtaking! I've seen those mountains about a million times, but they still never cease to amaze. It was unseasonably cold for being almost June, so there was still a good amount of snow left. On Jenny's Lake, the ice was just beginning to break up and it was incredibly picturesque.




It was a fabulous trip. Thanks everyone for the beds, the food and all the fun! 'Til next time! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment