Monday, June 13, 2011

Out with the Old...In with the Cash!

We participated in our annual neighborhood garage sale this weekend. Our first ever. The verdict? Not as bad as I thought it would be.
I had a friend come over Friday to help me and we had a great time just chatting all day and taking turns caring for the babies. Seth did so awesome! He was pretty content just to sit on a blanket and play with his toys and stare at all the strangers that came wandering in the garage. (It was pouring rain for part of the day, so we literally had a 'garage sale'). He has quite the stare-down face when he first makes eye contact with a stranger. He did warm up to a few people and give them a smile, but mostly he played it cool.

His 'cheeser' for the camera:



The days went fast and we actually sold almost everything! Awesome!

****

In other news, we've been doing A LOT of work in the backyard. We thought it was going to be a pretty low-maintenance backyard when we first bought the house, but boy, were we wrong. I've been weeding for three weeks straight -- every nap and pretty much every free moment I've had. Granted, the reason there is so much to do this year is because we've never had it under control. The first year we bought the house it was pretty overgrown, but we were so overwhelmed with all the projects to do inside, that the outside got neglected. And last summer, I was in my third trimester of pregnancy, so bending over to weed just wasn't going to happen. (Oh, and I was on a pesky little thing called 'bedrest' for most of it). So, hence the three weeks of working our tails off.

We did build a DIY firepit in the back and we're really liking it.
(Can you spy Seth in the background?)



Oh, there he is:





Now, we can start enjoying the backyard and invite people over for some s'mores. :)

As soon as I get pictures rounded up from different cameras, I'll post about our trip to Idaho in May. It was so fun!

4 comments:

Bethany Hoopes said...

Thank you so much for the update! Oh how I miss the little guy and you and Luke. You caught some priceless pictures of him. I especially love the first cheeser! Oh and I love the new firepit! I want to come and have s'mores with you! Someday... You'll have to send me more pictures of your yard. It looks beautiful!!!

Harley said...

Oh my, Emily that fire pit looks fabulous! I wouldn't mind hanging out there...and maybe a s'more or too! :)

Melanie said...

What a great idea - a fire pit! :) I'll have to remember that one...

Seth is as cute as ever.

Melanie Hoopes said...

Looks awesome as usual Em. I swear you guys could go into business. When's the party?