Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kitchen Project

When we bought our house nearly a year ago, we were pretty overwhelmed with how many projects we had to tackle. We've been slowly working our way through the house and finally we've come to the BIG ONE. The kitchen. On Saturday, my wonderful friend Amber called and said, "My husband and I are coming over in an hour and we're going to remove your kitchen wallpaper." (I had been lamenting how long that project was going to take -- especially because I'm unable to help now.) So sure enough, they came over and Luke and Amber and Steve got it done in one day! Yay. That's a huge relief.
Last night Luke took out the bulkhead to open up the kitchen even more to the breakfast area. It was a huge mess, but renovation projects always are.

Yes, that is a big hole in our ceiling. Don't worry, by tonight it should be fixed:


The rubble:

1 comments:

Harley said...

WOW! Can't wait to see what it's going to look like. You guys are so ambitous!